Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this website is provided subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use (below) which you should read carefully. By accessing this website you hereby accept these terms and conditions. While Bid2Share has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on the pages of this site it can accept no legal liability in respect of any inaccuracy or incompleteness in such information. Bid2Share is NOT responsible for the contents of any off site pages referenced or linked to.The Bid2Share website is owned and operated by Bid2Share Limited, a company registered under the laws of Ireland. In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- "You/User" means any person, firm or company who sets up an Auction, bids on an Auction, makes a donation directly to a charity via the Bid2Share website, any charity which registers with Bid2Share and any other natural or legal persons using this website for any reason, and any of their or its employees, consultants and authorised agents who may use the website from time to time;
- "Bid2Share" means Bid2Share Limited or www.bid2share.com;
- "Website" means the website www.bid2share.com.
- “Seller” Means a person who has created an Auction on the Website in order to sell an Item for the benefit of a specified Charity.
- “Donor” means a person making a Donation to a Charity via the Website.
- “Buyer” means a person buying an auctioned item via the Website.
- "Charity" means a Charity as defined by law and registered with Bid2Share
Disclaimer and Waiver of Liability
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided on this website is accurate and up-to-date. If you notice any errors or omissions please let us know as soon as possible. It is our policy to respond and correct errors within 7 working days of receiving accurate and verified information. To report an error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 056 7766868.
Bid2Share and its employees or agents assume no responsibility for and give no guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up-to-date nature of the information provided on the website at this time and do not accept any liability whatsoever arising from any errors or omissions.
The website sometimes links to external sites over which Bid2Share has no control and accepts no responsibility. Any links from this website to external websites are provided as a matter of convenience only. They should not be taken as an endorsement of the contents or practices of those external websites.
All material on the Bid2Share website is copyright Bid2Share unless otherwise stated. Copyright is implied irrespective of whether a copyright symbol or a copyright statement is displayed.
In using or registering with the website, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract (18 years of age) and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction, or in the case of a company or other user that is not an individual you represent that you have the capacity to enter into a contract with Bid2Share. You also agree to provide:
True, accurate, current and complete information about yourself or your company or institution and
- Maintain and promptly update the date to keep it true, accurate and complete.
Please note that Bid2Share keep a record of User's registration details and details of any sales, purchases or donations made by a User for the duration of any User's registration with the Website and for a period of 6 years thereafter.
Bid2Share reserves the right to refuse registration of any user at its absolute discretion. Bid2Share also reserves the right to terminate the registration of any user at any time at its own discretion.
Registration of Charities
Charities may register as a charity on the Website strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein and in the Registration Agreement signed with the Charity.
Before allowing a Charity to appear on the Website, Bid2Share will require from each Charity a copy of the Charity’s Registration Certificate and the Charity’s most recent Auditors Report.
Users agree to act in a responsible and legal manner when using Bid2Share.com. Users shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules and undertake not to use Bid2Share or allow Bid2Share to be used for any unlawful purpose, for the commission of any offence or crime under the laws of any jurisdiction to which access is obtained through the Website or in a manner which is likely to cause harm, offence or nuisance to any other Internet user.
In particular, While using Bid2Share, you will not:
- Post, list or upload content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on our sites
- Breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties
- Fail to deliver payment for items purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the item's description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made
- Fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms,
- Manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other user's listings
- Circumvent or manipulate the fee structure of the Website, the billing process, or fees owed to Bid2Share
- Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information)
- Distribute or post spam or any kind
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Bid2Share, or the interests or property of Bid2Share users
- Copy, modify, or distribute content from the Website and Bid2Share's copyrights and trademarks
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent
- Display on Bid2Share, distribute from Bid2Share or provide links from Bid2Share to any pornographic, obscene, offensive, or menacing materials
- Display on Bid2Share or use in connection with Bid2Share any pirated software or any copyrighted materials or counterfeit materials without the permission of the copyright holder
- Display on Bid2Share or use in connection with Bid2Share any materials which in any way infringe the copyright, other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party or which may otherwise render Bid2Share liable to the payment of damages to any third party. Bid2Share reserves the right to remove or suspend any material posted which is, in its sole opinion, in breach of this clause, or which it suspects to be in breach of this clause at its absolute discretion. Bid2Share shall be entitled to terminate a user's registration for breach of this clause.
In addition to any other remedies available to Bid2Share pursuant to this agreement, the user agrees to indemnify and hold Bid2Share harmless for any losses, liabilities, costs and expenses of whatever nature, arising as a result of breach of the above clauses.
Please do not upload content to Bid2Share which you do not have permission to use. When you give us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, trade marks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Selling on Bid2Share
In order to sell an item on Bid2Share, you must have permission to sell the item in question. The item must be in reasonable condition. You must give an accurate description of the item and it is preferable for you to use an image or images taken of the item itself. Failing that, you must have permission to use other images of the item on Bid2Share.
Sellers on Bid2Share cannot do any of the following:
- Commit to selling an item without sending the item to the buyer
- Auction an item with no intention of selling it, or without permission to sell it
- Engage or encourage someone in bidding to increase an item’s price or apparent desirability artificially. Bidders on an item must be wholly independent from the seller of that item
- Neither buyers nor sellers may interfere with a transaction or offer to buy or sell listed items outside of the Bid2Share website
Items which cannot be included in auctions on Bid2Share include, but are not limited to, the list below:
- Adult-only material
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia, prescription drugs or other medication
- Embargoed goods
- Firearms, ammunition, replicas,weapons and militaria
- Government-related items
- Police-related items
- Hazardous materials
- Items encouraging illegal activity
- Mailing lists and personal information
- Offensive material
- Prohibited services
- Stolen property
If a user features any of these items in an Auction, or any other item which Bid2Share deems unsuitable, that Auction will be removed and the user’s use of the website may be discontinued.
Buying on Bid2Share
Buyers on Bid2Share cannot do any of the following:
- commit to buying an item without paying
- bid with no serious intention of buying
- engage in bidding solely to increase an item’s price or apparent desirability artificially. Bidders on an item must be wholly independent from the seller of that item
- neither buyers nor sellers may interfere with a transaction or offer to buy or sell listed items outside of the Bid2Share site
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue you with warnings, limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our website (including, without limitation, cancelling bids and removing listings), delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep you off our sites if:
- we think that you are creating problems (including, without limitation, by harassing Bid2Share staff or other users) or exposing us or another Bid2Share user to financial loss or legal liabilities
- we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms
- despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us
We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts, or accounts that have been inactive for a long time.
You agree not to hold Bid2Share responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of Bid2Share taking any of the actions described above.
We do not tolerate spam (unsolicited commercial communications). Please set your Bid2Share notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You may not add other Bid2Share users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their consent.
Using Information About Other Bid2Share Users
Bid2Share enables users to share personal and financial information in order to complete transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may obtain access to each other's name, username, email address, and other contact information, postal information and financial information. We cannot guarantee that other users will respect the privacy or security of your information. We ask all users to respect other users' privacy. In all cases, you must comply with data protection laws.
You agree to use user information only in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, data protection laws) and only for:
- Bid2Share-transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial communications
- Using services offered through Bid2Share
- Other purposes that a user expressly agrees to
Sharing of User data with Charities
Bid2Share will ask users to indicate if they do not want a charity to contact them other than to acknowledge receipt of monies from an Auction. If they so choose, then the Charity will not use the contact information of the Buyer, Donor or Seller for any other purpose other than to acknowledge receipt of the funds received from an Auction. This shall be done in a single communication and thereafter the Charity commits to erase, delete or otherwise destroy the personal information of the Seller, Buyer and Donor.
Bid2Share shall provide Charities with the contact details for subscribers to the Website who specifically request that their contact information be passed on to the Charity.
Fees and Payment
Viewing, registering and bidding on Bid2Share is free of charge. However, if you set up an auction and successfully sell that item to another user, a fee of 10% of that sale is deducted to cover the paymant processing charges and to cover maintenance and promotion of this website. Bid2Share has agreed with each charity registered on this website that Bid2Share fees and Paypal fees will automatically be deducted from payments made as follows:
- When setting up an Auction, the Seller specifies the percentage of the Sale price which will be donated to the Charity selected to benefit from the Auction. In so doing, the Seller may also choose to retain or receive a percentage of the Sale price for their own benefit. The minimum amount of all Sale proceeds which will be donated to the Charity is 50%.
- A Seller may not retain any of a Donation made to a Charity via their Auction.
- Bid2Share charges a fee of 10% on every purchase or Donation made. This is not an additional fee, rather it is taken from the final price of the item in question. For example, if the final buying price of an item is €10, then the Buyer pays €10 for that item. 10% of that, € 1, is automatically deducted to cover Bid2Share and PayPal fees and €9 remains for the supported charity (unless the owner of the auction has decided to maintain a proportion for themselves). The minimum amount donated to the Charity in this example will be €5 and the maximum will be € 9.
- In consideration for payment of the Bid2Share Processing Fees. Bid2Share agrees that it shall process and collect as agent on behalf of the Charity, and distribute to the Charity monies raised through auctions and donations made to the Charity via the Website in accordance with the Contractual Agreement in place with the Charity.
YOUR DONATION OR PAYMENT WILL BE PROCESSED IMMEDIATELY BY BID2SHARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IN THE ABSENCE OF FRAUD, YOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT OF CANCELLATION OF YOUR DONATION OR PAYMENT AND IN PLACING A DONATION OR MAKING A PAYMENT, YOU WAIVE ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE TO CANCELLATION OF THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PAYMENT OR DONATION BY BID2SHARE.
If you have placed a winning bid or clicked ‘Buy it Now’ on an auction page, you have committed to purchasing that item. Even if you’ve changed your mind, you must pay for the item you have won. If you do not pay for an item that you have won, Bid2Share may discontinue your use of the website. Users making payments or donations hereby agree and assure Bid2Share that:
- all Paypal account or credit card information supplied is true, correct and complete;
- the person making the donation is duly authorized to use the Paypal account or credit card for that purpose
- the payment or donation and the fees will be honoured by the donor's credit card company.
If you discover that a payment or donation has been made on the website using your Paypal or credit card details in circumstances where you had not agreed to or authorised this, then (provided you have not, through failure to take reasonable care, allowed an unauthorised person to gain access to your credit card details or password) Bid2Share is required to refund to you the money they receive provided that: (a) you inform your credit card or charge card company and Bid2Share of the unauthorised payment as soon as you discover it; and (b) you co-operate with your credit card company and Bid2Share and, if necessary, the police in relation to the unauthorised use.
All payments and donations made via the Website are final unless fraudulent use of a PayPal account or credit card is proven in accordance with the above clause.
Protecting your password
It is up to each user to protect their username and password for their Bid2Share account. The user is responsible for all activities that occur under its account. By accepting these terms and conditions you agree that Bid2Share takes no responsibility for fraudulent use of any Bid2Share account whereby the username and password has been used to access the account. If you believe that your username and password has been compromised and/or is being used by another person, we recommend that you change your username and/or password immediately.
About the charities and organisations that feature on Bid2Share:
Registered charities can join Bid2Share. At the absolute discretion of Bid2Share organisations who upon investigation are deemed to be charitable in nature and can show a legal structure such as a Trust to our satisfaction will be allowed to register on the site.
Bid2Share makes reasonable efforts to make regular checks that all the charities registered with us continue to have official charitable status. This notwithstanding, Bid2Share does not accept any liability for donations made by Users to organisations which have actually ceased to have official charitable status.
Bid2Share shall not have any responsibility for or liability in connection with the activities of charities registered with this Website.
Use of Your payment or donation
Users hereby acknowledge that Bid2Share has no control over the use of payments or donations which are made to charities registered with this site. Bid2Share takes no responsibility for your dissatisfaction with the use of your donation to any charity. If you have cause for dissatisfaction with the use of your payment or donation you may contact the charity directly using the contact details provided on Bid2Share.
The Bid2Share name and logo are the property of Bid2Share Limited and may not be used in any way without express written permission from Bid2Share Limited.
The trademarks, copyright and any other intellectual property displayed by users on this website, including names and logos of charities registered with the website, may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the owners of same.
The Bid2Share website contains Intellectual Property which is the proprietary property of Bid2Share ("Website IP"). The Website IP includes but is not limited to copyrights and information about technology and may be provided in the form of text, graphic, audio and video downloads, links or source codes. Bid2Share retains the rights to the Website IP and reserves all rights in respect of same.
Bid2Share provides information on its website. Users may for personal use only, print copies of the information and temporarily store the files on their network. Website IP is intended only for registered Users of Bid2Share and is provided only for your convenience. Bid2Share grants no license or property rights to any such Website IP other than as expressly set out herein.
With regard to content submitted by Users for their auction pages, profiles or otherwise, Bid2Share does not claim ownership of user content you submit or make available for inclusion. However, with respect to user content you submit or make available for inclusion on accessible areas of Bid2Share, you grant Bid2Share a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive licence to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such user content on Bid2Share solely for the purposes of providing and promoting the services provided on Bid2Share and access to the content. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such content on Bid2Share and will terminate at the time you remove or Bid2Share removes such content from the website.
Changes to these terms and conditions
Bid2Share reserves the right to, at any time and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the website with or without notice. You agree that Bid2Share shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
Every time you use the site you are deemed to have understood and accepted the latest terms and conditions as published at the time.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions
Any user who fails to comply in any way with these terms and conditions may, at the sole discretion of Bid2Share and without prior notification, be suspended or banned altogether from using the website.
Bid2Share may terminate your registration with Bid2Share or your use of Bid2Share on written notice (which can include e-mail) if you are in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this website and fail to correct such a breach within 14 days following adequate notice from Bid2Share specifying the breach or in the case of a breach of User Conduct and Content, Bid2Share may terminate forthwith without notice a user's account. In the event of the use of the site being terminated for any user, that user or organisation will still be bound by the terms and conditions of the site in all matters relating to the site.
Termination of these terms and conditions for any reason shall not affect the accrued rights of the parties.
Limitation of Liability
Bid2Share shall use reasonable skill and care in the operation of this website. However, you hereby acknowledge that:
- Bid2Share makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or currency of any information on this website. Although we use techniques that aim to verify the accuracy and truth of the information provided by our users, user verification on the internet is difficult. Bid2Share cannot and does not confirm, and is not responsible for ensuring, the accuracy or truthfulness of users' purported identities or the validity of the information which they provide to us or post on our website.
- Bid2Share shall not be liable for any interruption or suspension of the Website or related services due to circumstances beyond its control including, without limitation, any breakdown in Internet connectivity or security.
- Bid2Share shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the access to or use of this website, including, without limitation, damage arising as a result of any bugs, trojan horses, viruses, worms or other harmful codes or errors experienced as a result of accessing Bid2Share.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Bid2Share shall not be liable to any user under contract, tort, equity or otherwise for any loss or damages arising out of or in connection with the user's use of Bid2Share or the provision of services by Bid2Share, whether any of the foregoing are, without limitation, special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential and /or, whether any of the foregoing are, without limitation, occasioned by the negligence, fault, error, omission, act or breach of Bid2Share, its employees, contractors or sub-contractors.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, under no circumstances shall Bid2Share be liable to any user for any consequential, economic or indirect loss or damages, loss of profits, revenue, business, capital, administrative time or loss of or loss of use of data or software, howsoever arising.You will not hold Bid2Share responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of Bid2Share taking any of the actions described in the Abusing Bid2Share section above nor for other users' actions or inactions, including things they post.
- At no point does Bid2Share have possession of anything listed or sold through Bid2Share. Bid2Share is not required to and does not undertake to review users’ listings or content and is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers.
- Bid2Share has no control over and does not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items advertised on the Website, the truth or accuracy of listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
- You accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under laws applying to you and the legality of any items you list on Bid2Share.
- Bid2Share will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any business losses, such as loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption or for any losses which are not reasonably foreseeable by us arising out of your use of our sites and services. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
- Regardless of the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, and (b) €100.
These terms and conditions are governed by Irish law and any disputes arising in any way in relation hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree that you will only use Bid2Share in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
You will compensate us in full (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, we incur arising out of any breach by you of these Terms or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Resolution of Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and Bid2Share, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of Ireland. You and Bid2Share both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.