Bid2Share.com grew from an idea Francis Nesbitt had in 2010 to help raise funds for Irish charities by allowing people sell unwanted or surplus items in online Auctions, the proceeds of which go to a designated charity. This idea came to fruition in April 2012 when Bid2Share.com was launched.
The idea is simple: by Auctioning things you don’t want or no longer use, YOU can help a charity in need. You can opt to keep a proportion of the proceeds of your Auctions for yourself OR you can donate all proceeds to the charity of your choice.
Bid2Share.com is also a great place to go to find bargains, and if you bid on an Auction you know that you are helping a worthwhile charity. If you don’t fancy any of the items on offer, Bid2Share.com also gives you the option to donate without bidding, so you can still support a charity in need!
On Bid2Share.com you can support the following charities:
- Focus Ireland
- Concern Worldwide
- Jack & Jill Children's Foundation
- Marie Keating foundation
- The Bubblegum Club
- St. Francis Hospice
- The Susie Long Hospice Fund
If you wish to nominate a charity to benefit from Auctions on Bid2Share.com, please let us know! Fill out the Charity Nomination Form here and we will notify you as soon as it’s possible to support your nominated charity on the site.
How to Help your favourite Charity
- Register on Bid2Share.com
- Create An Auction
- Choose the Charity to benefit from your Auction
- Add Items to your Auction
- Invite your friends and family to visit your Auction
- Use email
- Use Facebook
- Use Twitter
- When your Items sell we look after processing the payments and passing on the funds to your Charity
- If you chose to retain some of the sale price then we'll send this on to you too